Friday, January 19, 2007

I really like my job. Its a lot of fun....there are of course some draw backs...like there is with everything.

I wish it were full time, rather than freelance, maybe then I could move out of my parents house. Its hard for me to make friends there because, as usual, I seem to be the youngest person in my department. I'm almost 23! How the hell am I still getting the "wow you're young"....thanks..I appreciate the complimentary fact, but why is it so shocking? All the time? TO EVERYONE!!! *shakes head with cocked smile* (Side note....of late anyone who has asked me my age usually gets this WOW look on their face, then they tell me how young I am.....we do exist. lol)

Its very strange to hear my coworkers, people who I know don't know each other very well, share deeply personal heart wrenching stories in getting to know each other. I normally want to join in the conversation and engage my coworkers...but not this time. I'm glad I didn't open my mouth, not a topic I really want to share. Let alone hear someone elses story. Ben once put it succinctly in a story he wrote, "virtual strangers sharing on a level of emotional honesty that is beyond atrocious." Its a tad bit out of context here...but I think it works the same...so thanks Ben. I keep hoping I can make everything fit into place. Well, I'm certainly not going to stop trying : )

No comments: