Sunday, November 11, 2007

Squishy-Squash!!!

This evenings plans with Ramworship, fell through rather early this morning. These things happen. What better a reason to be productive! Instead of planning more and more and more (while never really getting to it) I decided today was THE DAY! My first attempt at soup from scratch! WOW! I picked a simple one to start with, which just happens to be one of my favorites (wink) butternut squash soup yipeeeeeeee!


with a little help from http://vegweb.com/

I've been (by choice) without a car for almost a year. And while sometimes it is a pain in the ass, it makes me do things like walk the few extra miles a week to the store. Today, I met this little guy!

I have no clue what his name is, or who his owners are, but he came running up to the fence ready to play!

When I got back, I chopped, diced, and sauteed the lot of it. After the squash..well...squashed... into the blender it went!


The first taste test was a HUGE surprise, which I'm not sure is a good thing. I actually made this face...


DUDE!!!! It was really good!!

Tally:
Two batches made (when the first one came out well, I immediately made a second)
One whole Butternut Squash
3 cans of veggie stock
1 large onion
8 garlic cloves
4 table spoons EVOO [I used extra virgin olive oil(hahaha I love that)
3 sliced fingers (whoops!)
1 Nose bleed (not really my fault)
2 containers of REALLY YUMMY SOUP! (I gave one to my mom)

No comments: