Monday, December 25, 2006

High Speed

So last night was my first experience with the infamous "merry f'ing x-mas". As I understand it it was initiated by two of the boyfriend's, better friends, in a collaborative effort to alternatively celebrate, and simultaneously snub Christmas eve.

Which means there's a party, and getting drunk is status quo. I see no problem with this. *smirk* Football was watched, conversation was...conversated.....(don't ask) and it snowed! I quite enjoy it.......easy to deal with once you get used to it and the loss of inhibition because of it meant that last night was the first night I ever actively tried to interact with the boy friend's friends.

Don't get me wrong, I've tried half heatedly before, but the whole painfully shy...awkward self imposed wall flower status had to go. It was easier, and more comfortable for me to just stay quiet and watch everyone, but I need to change things, so here's me taking a giant leap, in terms of my personality, and making a point of participating. I felt like I was going a million miles an hour, and I was paranoid that someone would notice, and yet at the same time...fuck it, I'm doin *it and you're not....too bad. hehe.
No the entire event was a blast. Presents were given, and set aside for those who were not in attendance. All in all lots of fun. : )

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Yay! Merry F-in Xmas rocks! :D I have the robot blanket on my lap right now, it's nice and cuddly.

<3 m.

PS: Ben and I started the MFX tradition about 5 or 6 years ago. He's Jewish and I despise consumerism - you can imagine what a pair we are by the time Christmas actually rolls around. That firsr year, we went to my mom's and did shots of tequilla until we passed out. We've refined tradition a bit since then. Now we serve boxed wine and snacks, too ;)

James said...

a FINE tradition it is indeed!