Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tractor Bitches and Toms River

Everything in my crowded little head told me I just should have stayed home last night. I was tired, needed to clean, wanted to catch up on my downloaded episodes. (I know..but they're cute!) But you know me and commitments. If I say "I'll be there...", there I am. (with a few exceptions)

I HATE HATE HATE Fado's. It's a shitty bar, with shitty service, and shitty atmosphere...6 bucks for a strong bow! BUT they have quiz-o Wednesday nights. I guess I'm just a sucker for a girls night out that includes quiz-o. So me and the Moore Sorority clan met up and tested our wits. It was a good time, met some interesting new people, and went down in a blaze of rowdy glory. (we came in something like 5th) Hop the trolley back to Mel's then head home...except...oil light?? Oh...there's that burnt hair smell again.

So quick stop at a BP, throw in a quart...*Expletive!* Did I really just drop the oil cover INTO the engine!!!! *Expletive! expletive! expletive!!!* Now all good common sense says you NEVER reach into a hot engine to get ANYTHING. But 12:30 at night, outside a gas station, along the East River Drive, common sense can shut it's cake hole.

Hmm...could that sizzling sound possibly be related to the now really bad pain in my forearm??? Why, yes! It is! Then the oil cap fell even FURTHER into the engine, thankfully just on top of the shelf right under the radiator grill. Sacrificing any remaining dignity, I wriggled underneath the car, and got it out from there. Oh...a stain on my coat...that's nice..thanks. *Sigh*

It's 1 am by the time I get home, and what's that...Oh the dog threw up on the floor...yes this completes things nicely thank you.

Some days...the only thing you can do is laugh.

No comments: