Tuesday, August 21, 2007

*Follow up

I got an *UBER helpful comment on my last post. =) Yay!

I think, barring next week, this is the longest stretch I've ever been up here, 6 days in a row. Which isn't really that long...but being here everyday, it really is. LOL.

Just before my eyelids got too heavy last night, and my book slid onto my face (to stay there until my alarm went off)a thought occurred to me (odd since you'd think I'd be concentrating on the book *shrug*) Does the size of New York intimidate me? Is that why I've been so gripey about it?? Do I really feel this place is just *too big* for a smaller city gal like myself? I don't know if Philadelphia fits because it's been *my city* all my life, or if it really is just the right size for me.

Whatever the reason, my little stubborn determined head voice has decided that New York gets its own chance again. I'm going to stop whining about how now "I don't really even want to work in New York anymore" and finally see this city for what it is. Because whether I like it or not, opportunity is knocking, and it would be negligible for me to let silly fears like a city being *to big* jeopardize them.

I was walking through the morning rush of Penn Station this morning, and while I hate crowds..I saw *it* the rush, the commute...the living crowd of bodies going somewhere, and then me smack dab in the middle. It felt nice to be excited again. So I'm going to honestly really try HARD to get this job full time. Harder than I ever thought I could. No more meekly shying away from bosses, or skirting around my points. "I want this job, what do I have to show you for you to want me to have it too." *Gulp* Big Smiles, and be confident (especially if I don't feel it lol!)

Right-o! =)

No comments: