Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Pepper Follies

Despite my most sincere efforts, my latest experiment is not forthcoming. I've tried every conceivable way I can imagine. I just don't like raw bell peppers. :(

Over the last few months I've been cooking with them a lot (they're so cheap at the farmers markets!) Baking, frying, grilling, and filling with stuffs (yay rice!) and in that state I couldn't enjoy them more! But then there's raw. I really have no idea how something could taste so different uncooked. I really wanted to like them without any fuss. I've tried several dressings, and hiding them amongst other veggies, but to no avail. I thought maybe I could acquire a taste for them, just sort of have it "grow on me", but I always know the instant I hit one...like tomatoes or spinach...yuck! *sigh* oh well...

On the other hand I made some TOTALLY YUMMY (charcoal) grilled green squash the other day, topped it off with honey and crushed almonds...SOOOOOOOO good!! I LOVE online cookbooks!

No comments: