Sunday, August 26, 2007

Saturday alien destruction

I got a call Friday afternoon, my boss wanted to know if I could come back up a day early. I *really* wanted to say no, but it beats catching the 7 am chinatown bus Monday morning so....

I wanted to be super productive Saturday, since it was my last day off (Until September) clean my room, conquor the laundry *finally* get the shelves back up in my room, and a bunch of other things... I made it as far as laundry, then boyfriend and I spent 12 hours together playing video games! (SO NOT KIDDING)

We popped in his awesome new game, Alien Syndrome, at 10 am that morning, and didn't turn it off until 10pm. Stopping only momentarily for snack breaks.

THIS. GAME. OWNES!!!!

It's a 3rd person perspective shooter with controls, maps, and objectives much like Halo. Doesn't bother me one bit! Granted we don't get to drive a tank (at least not yet) but the animation isn't bad, there's the added bonus of equipping yourself with armor and weapons that you can upgrade as you go along, and there's very little lag, if any. Seriously, the hours just get sucked into that strange black hole of distraction.


Me: "Let's stop"
Boyfriend: "Yea my brain is mush"
Boyfriend: "What time is it?"
Me: *lauging* "Holy shit! 10 o'clock"
Boyfriend: "Jee-sus!"


****** We recently got a new roommate, his name is Joe, and he's Brian's (Cousin's) best childhood friend...He's a nice guy....but he's a lunk head**********

Lunk: "Hey J"
Me: "Yea"
Lunk: "Come watch this...Bob Saget's special on HBO*"
****We recently got cable again....eh (still not going to watch too much)*******
Me: *Turns to boyfriend* "Why when he see's Bob Saget does he automatically think of me??"
Boyfriend: *shrugs*

In all fairness, his standup is REALLY funny. It's a great juxtaposition from the "Bob Saget" everyone thinks of...all nice and wholesome....dude...his comedy is TOTALLY RAUNCHY!

I definitely would not call the day wasted, since thinking about it, I wouldn't rather have been doing anything else, with anyone else. : D

No comments: