Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Be nice to me : )

I don't do a whole lot of volunteering, but what I do, I do loyally. The Red Cross had a blood drive at the VFW post, just across from Ardsley station. So I walked up and participated. : ) Normally it takes 10 to 15 minutes for one unit, but now, they have a portable centrifuge, separating your red blood cells from the plasma. It keeps 2 units of red blood cells, and gives you back your plasma. Meaning no woozy icky feeling afterwards. Granted, I've never felt woozy or icky afterwards, but that's not the point! (hehe)

So I donated 2 units, which took about 40 minutes, its very odd. When you get your plasma/saline back (they add that in for a nice hydration cocktail) you feel really cold, and kinda Novocain- ey. Its odd. Feels almost a little like your high ; ) but I didn't mention that when the cookie lady asked me how it felt.

Everyone looked at me a little strange when I started snapping pictures, but, *shrug* hey what else is there to do there for 40 minutes?? The Bob Ross knock off paintings on all the walls, stopped being interesting 5 minutes in.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

I vant to suck your bloooood! ;)

James said...

As long as you don't call me Renfield and make me eat bugs afterwards...sure : )