Thursday, March 1, 2007

Woa there buddy!

So, wow.

I suppose it would be a bit of an understatement to say that situations with family.......EXPLODED Tuesday and Wednesday. In fact it may be more appropriate to say that, in the blast path, certain things positively vaporized!
Gorey details aside, it was possibly THE strangest birthday I've EVER had. There was fighting all day : ( and the volatile dysfunction that is, just makes the tension here that much worse.

Boyfriend did his best to comfort me as I first drank myself numb, then bottled everything up as best I could. I know I know neither get filed in the "healthy" column. I'm not proud of the empty bottle of Jack, I can look at the bottle and know its a crutch only, but that I also threw myself into drawings, headphones with Pj Harvey too loud, and my guitar with the same fire. Dealing with the emotions (not my strong suite) needs to come in little dribs and drabs. I figure knowing how much I can handle at a time is at least worth something. *shrug*

I know even 3 years removed from this I'll look back on it with different eyes, I just hope I'll be looking at it from a relationship with them that is ok

No comments: