Saturday, March 17, 2007

Revision

New Resolve, no more posts like the one this replaces!
No more bummed out posting!

However, I am still bummed about several things, but those will be mentioned with time and hindsight.

What I can talk about is a book I read about two weeks ago. Two of the Boyfriend's friends (from the pics I've seen) are really into a book called The Four Agreements. *shrug* sure I'm curious...so I got myself a copy while Mommafriend and I were book shopping, and I read it. It wasn't very long, maybe 200 pages, if that, and it took me a little over 1 bus ride to New York (2 hours...I read kinda slow)

All in all, its an interesting perspective. The suggested ways of leading one's life are attainable, and more than just "quick fixes". The culture from which this guide comes from is, in the very least, fascinating in my opinion. And the mythological tie-ins in the beginning of the book are very grabbing.

Honestly, my own thoughts on "religion" and "guiding forces" are rather.......complex........so I wasn't particularly blown away by the book. That's not to say its not positive, or a constructive guide to at least begin "self healing" or "inner peace"

There were a few points in the book I had to disagree with, but that's what makes it a teaching, from a teacher, person to person. I'm not going to agree with everything. If I did I might as well shave my eyebrows, buy a goat and run after the first cult that crosses my path.

Overall though, I've never regretted reading a book, (I exclude the fact that I hated Across Five Aprils) and this didn't make me start either so *shrug*

No comments: