Sunday, October 7, 2007

Betrayal

I'm sure this betrays some, natural pride or holistic law of nature,and don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the human form (I draw it a lot)But I saw this woman today on the bus. Her arms behind her head, with the sleeves of her shirt riding up to reveal a tangled bramble of arm hair sprouting from underneath the edges of the cloth!... DUDE...ICK! I know it was popular in the 60's, and is in Europe to this day(depending on culture)...but if there's one thing medical science has proven, it's that, along with the fact that humans no long have a use for an appendix, they also have little use for so much body hair(or the muscles under your skin that give you goosebumps to "fluff" said hair)
Maybe it's programming from society, but that just skeeves me. Get rid of it! Just thinking of the dynamics of how that would work with deodorant. And...ugh then there's the thought that maybe she's one of them! You KNOW who I'm talking about. The people you have the misfortune of walking by (read; smelling) every once in a while who think they don't need to wear deodorant.

As much as I can respect other cultures, and their habits, like slurping their food or talking ridiculously loud into their cell phones, there are things that should be understood universally. Wear deodorant, and keep up with personal hygiene should be right up there with NO Goat Fucking! These are important human values (and goat values while we're on topic)

On the bright side, at least I know the differences are out there. It makes me appreciate my own customs more, even if that means being an arrogant, ignorant American....hey...at least I smell like ocean breeze Suave buddy. I don't kill Flora and Fauna(or Meriwether) alike by raising my arms.

No comments: