Sunday, October 21, 2007

update time.

I'm moving...again. Along with several other people it seems. Is it just the season?? It's back to PA for me (thank god). My Grandfather needs someone to give him more of a hand. My Mom's been trying, but it's too much for her to run 2 house holds, so I said I'd move in and help.

Along with that, I want to look into going to school for something else. I love what I've learned about animation, but lately I've just been feeling more and more that there's something else I'd rather be doing. My nerd loves learning the programs, and playing on the computer, but it's not driving me. And I'm reminded of what my teacher said to my class years ago. "The fact is, is that half of you aren't going to really "make it" because there's a difference between being a fan of animation, and being an animator." I knew I felt the doubts about my ability to "make it" then, and my situation now, because my efforts are not successful, is only getting worse.

Before I got into art, my first love was (is) science. I LOVE biology, and genetics. Enough that when I inadvertantly go off on something in way too much detail I get the "why do you know that?" look from my friends. (If you haven't seen it..stick around you probably will) I've been thinking more and more about nursing the last few months. How much good you can do for people, how much of a difference you can make.

It really is something I want to persue...but I'm afraid. What if I'm just being flighty? What if I'm not good at it? I know I can learn the material, learning's never been a problem for me. But what if I follow my gut, get into this, and it turns out the same way? Or what if I stick with what I'm trying to do now, and this was real? Like always, it's not taking the chance, it's failing that's the problem.

And then there's always the fun thought of....how do I tell my parents?? They're looking out for me...but what they will see first are the $$. Not that they're wrong, being very in debt is NOT fun. Being deeper in debt will just plain suck.
What should I do? *shakes magic 8 ball* Future unclear, ask again later. Figures, stupid 8 ball *chucks magic 8 ball*

No comments: