Sunday, October 14, 2007

The definative word (warning: nerd content)

Kevin Conroy IS Batman

Mark Hamill IS the Joker

and that is that!

I bought Batman The Animated Series: "Mask of the Phantasm" and "Subzero" this morning....GIDDY ME!!! Call me crazy, or easily ammused, but this show was hands down awesomeness. One of the first cartoons to be action packed enough for Saturday mornings on Fox and integral enough to be Film Noir! Seriously....you wouldn't think you could sell Film Noir to 8 year olds..but it was done! Conroy voiced The Dark Knight, and Hamill, his nemesis.
I've said this..at least on one of several places before, but any comic book nerd like me will tell you Batman is THE MAN. There are (over the big publishing titles) several heavy hitters in the comic book world, and Batman's one of the heaviest!

[On a personal note I'd throw out names like (Desolation) Agent Jones/Cal MacDonal tied for carnage. Venom/Lobo tied for alien badasses. (I leave Carnage out of that set because essentially...Carnage was the spawn of Venom...so) Barb Wire/Sara Pezzini/ (Battle Angel) Alita/ and Violet Grimm tie for the, albeit objectified, smoking-hot-ass-kicking-chicks! (let's face it..they're ONLY meant to do 2 things...look hot and kick ass). And titles like V For Vendetta/Sin City/Fallen Angel/Sandman/30 Days of Night tying for just DAMN GOOD STORYTELLING!]**

Oh to be comic book guy, and get paid to KNOW this information. Best-Job-Ever!


Ok so maybe not so fat...or any facial hair...but you get the idea!

** Granted there are A LOT of titles and characters to choose from, so if I've left anyone out, forgive me, and give me a hint.

No comments: