Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Italian/Sicilan temper

So tonight I had a situation come up that aroused the firey Italian/Sicilian in me. One of my roommates mom's came over to grab her mail (as it still comes here) and normally we all say "hi" with no big deal. Tonight, though, when I went in to make my dinner I found this note


needless to say I was a little bit insulted by this note considering that, while I don't pay that much in utilities, I do

*Do ALL dishes
*Clean the Living Room
*Clean/FLUSH the toilets (yea...my roomates are BOTH 28 years old and DON'T DO THIS)
*Collect/Take out the trash/recycling
*Clean the toilets/bathrooms
*clean up both roommates dishes left around the house
*clean the cat box
* clean my OWN living space
*keep the kitchen clean/organized
*Vacuuming
* Remind them to collect their laundry from the washer/dryer

Not to mention buy/cook my own food. After a bit of thought, though, it dawned on me that perhaps she didn't know this to be the case. Maybe she doesn't know that I clean up after the very basic of human tendencies. And she thinks that perhaps a miracle has happened and her son has begun to take responsibility for his own living conditions...yea Bette...no such luck...it's the girl roomie.

An "opportunity" has presented itself. And since it hasn't panned out yet I won't specify...but it'd be much better and full filling than being here, I can tell you that. If it does proceed, I'll be jumping on it!

No comments: