Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Checked; Deleted

I got a call from MammaFriend today while I was painting my room.

MF: Do you wanna go?
Me: Go where?
MF: Our 5 year reunion! It was this Summer, they're having a get together for it soon
Me: You are an insane person, no.
MF: Why not???!!!

UGH. Highschool? Where do I begin? It wasn't all nerd horror. I hid in Catholic School for freshman year. Gave public education a try for Sophmore through Senior years, and spent most of my time hiding backstage working technical theater on various shows.(Never a bad time to learn basic electrical work and sound systems) There were some fun times in art and C++ classes, 4th period free (4th period was lunch and class. Upper Dublin had this strange scheduling thing where the whole period was an hour and a half) It took me 3 years NOT to learn Latin very well. And 1 year to forget most of it after that. So WHY THE HELL WOULD I WANT TO GO BACK??? (Put it this way, I opted to NOT show up for the Senior class picture. I knew it was mandatory, but I was in the middle of developing some film. So in the darkroom I stayed.)

Long term friends are a rare commodity for this headcase. With the exception of Mammafriend, who I've known since 3rd grade, there's only 1 other person from highschool that I keep in contact with from time to time (unfortunately he's a bit of a headcase as well, and conversations are kind of...exhausting) I have a few highschool haunts in my friends list on Myspace, but I'll admit, that's just because I'm too much of a chicken shit to reply "Highschool's over, and in 5 years I still haven't thought of anything to say to you. :/" So there they'll sit, not being talked to. I guess I could make my excuses easier on the webpages than in real life. Not to be a jerk, but the thought of spending a night with these people still pretending to be interested, and trying to think of something to say, brings a migraine I'd rather not deal with.

No comments: