Tuesday, February 27, 2007








I went to Strawberry Fields this morning before I
came home from New York. I walked down 72nd
right past the Dakota. Looking down the dark entrance
where John Lennon was murdered. I wasn't even ALIVE
when it happened, and it still brings a sense of loss
and sadness. And while there are still those who
advocate peace with the same passion as Lennon,
few come close to his artistic views, creativity,
or "knack" for sheer beauty.

As I followed the path down through the Park
I saw the mosaic in the cement. I was almost a
little disappointed, the last time I saw it was in Summer,
when people would lay flowers, and candles, and ribbon that
brought a vibrancy to the words.

I did say almost disappointed, because even though it wasn't
decorated as I remembered it, the message held the
same gravity. Imagine One simple word that inspires hope,
and rests on us all the responsibility everyone needs to carry.
Our little blue orb is in trouble, and our job, our right, our joy,
should be to imagine how to fix it successfully.




No comments: