Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pen-Pal!

I got my first e-penpal-mail today from Franka!!!

I met Franka the first night I stayed in the hostel this week. Apparently it was VERY busy that night, and our reservations were all mixed up. We stayed in the "emergency suite" which is an old conference room with mattresses on the floor. It was late when I first got there, but considering the circumstances and that it was just the three of us in the room, we were lite hearted enough to strike up a conversation. I think they were interested in my "token American-ness" and I got to hear really neat stories about living in Berlin. (where she and her friend Marie were from)

We hit it off very well, talking for several hours that night, until about 2 am (which granted is supposed to be "quiet time") and another girl came in and brought her angry vibes with her. (She was French) My second night there we ran into each other down in the lobby, and though we weren't rooming together, decided to go get a drink or two...or three..and hey...why not some shots as well??

We talked about "pop-culture" type stuff, music, movies, books. Our common interests being KMFDM, Tom Tykwer movies (Run Lola Run[which coincidentally I had just bought])

Unfortunately they left the next morning, but not before we exchanged e-mails! I found a letter from Franka, and I can't wait to write her back! :)

No comments: