Saturday, September 22, 2007

The question (and answer)

this week=whirl wind

Monday I met the new art director, his name is Marc, and in true "new boss" form, he got right to work making some kick ass changes! Getting us a new computer for the art department. A "drop" (wireless Internet access) so that we don't actually have to jump from computer to computer around the room crashing into each other as we go. He's also been taking a very proactive approach to "reorganizing" our graphic library.

Wednesday I came home for a much enjoyed 3 day vacation! (I love days off with the boyfriend![he's not even my boyfriend anymore..but I'll get to that])

Thursday, was....fantastic, indescribably wonderful, unforgettable, bliss. Mattie and I rode out to Sellersville to see Thomas Dolby in concert. Yea, Dolby...like "She blinded me with Science"? Yea! That guy! :) We grabbed a REALLY yummy dinner at the Washington House before the show. Then met up with (I swear the only guy I know who can pull off wearing a bucket hat) Chris.
The house lights went down at 8 and the show was awesome! The guys got their *grove (and their nerd) on to some awesome electronic tunes.

And then this happened........

(Thank you Chris for taping..and posting this!)

OH.MY.GOD. Yea...that is Mattie..."was" boyfriend...now fiancee proposing to me, with the help of Thomas Dolby!!!!!!!!!!!!! He set the WHOLE THING up!!! I was...shocked isn't even the word for it! Amazed doesn't cover it, and elated isn't good enough.
My mom, of course, teared up when I showed her the ring, and the video. And laughingly told me she "never thought I'd be the first" LOL! She immediately started asking me what kind of wedding I wanted to have! LOL. OY this is SO NOT MY THING! I'm glad any "event" relating to this is still AT LEAST a year off. There are practical things that need to be settled first, like places to live and careers to start. Some money to save and debt to get rid of.

Which brings us to the last point....I got offered a new job! Which I've really almost made up my mind completely to take. It's at a printing company, and I would be the art director designing logos. Small, yet successful. I really think I'd do better in this sort of a capacity, plus it's only over in Havertown. (Delaware County...think Drexel Hill/Upper Darby area) which is GREAT!

Cross your fingers...with any luck...that strange, scary, grown up, responsible, not so crazy *life* thing that I've been talking about forever is about to fall into place!!! :)

No comments: