Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Free for a Freelancer

SWEET!
I've never been so happy that Chyron/Lyric is a bundle of bugs! Bernadette, the head of our graphics department, had someone from Chyron corporation come in today to help "mainstream" and update our Chyron system. Basically since we've upgraded to the new graphics, all the mis programmed, halfassed shortcuts that had been made on the system a year ago came crashing down in a flaming shit storm! LOL The only dependable thing about our Duet in the last two weeks has been that it WILL crash at some point...when is optional. During the show, during commercial break...*shrug* keeps you on your toes.

Anywho, I met Marty today when I got in, he and Bernadette were discussing updates, and things about Viz (haha an ENTIRELY different can of worms there) and she introduced us.
"Are you a freelancer?"
"Yea"
*gives me his card*
"We sponsor training for freelancers on Chyron, 5 days, 8 hours a day, the ENTIRE thing"

This is up there in the top 5 cool things that could happen to me today! In fact it completely cancels out the fact that my pants are drenched, up almost to my knees, from walking in the rain. (Damn you subway!)

Not only does this put a cool "Hey look at me!" on my resume, but the guy works for NBC Olympics! Dude...CONTACT!! yay! Man I hope this works out...I could use a full time job right now. Lol

No comments: