Saturday, April 14, 2007

Night out

I decided to actually venture out last night, rather than sit in my room reading. Not that I mind reading at all, I seriously advocate it, but seriously, I have to stop letting being by myself turn me into a complete hermit.

While the thought of wandering aimlessly..and looking LIKE I'm wandering aimlessly instills a paranoid fear that I can't quite describe. Kicking myself in the ass (and two shots of soco and lime back to back) bury said "fears" deep enough to enjoy myself. Who needs social anxiety when there's alcohol??? : D

The Perfect Pint, two doors down from my hostel was a lively looking bar, and I spent much of the first half of my evening there. Amid the company of the loud Irish bartender, and 3 rowdy women from Northern England. One of which was really really drunk, they were hilarious!

I decided to head further downtown a little after 11 and walking through Time Square, well....the amount of people there at all hours is staggering. I AM NOT comfortable in that big a crowd. Solution? Walk as quickly as possible! : )

A jack and coke at Discotheque. It was ok, but not all that it was cracked up to be as far as music. But then again, no cover charge for ladies before 12, I guess I can't be that down on it. I realized I was....REALLY hungry at about 12:30 so...hey look at that an overly trendy restaurant...*shrug* eh why not.

I guess atmosphere replaces good food...the fact that my eggplant tasted like french fries, and that the music was so loud it made the din of voices even worse, was ok cause my waiter was nice. *shrug* hey...its all in fun. : )

Riding the subway back I realized something interesting, that I can't remember now, but I know it made me smile at the time. But I did notice these 3 asian people that were the physical embodiment of the character design of Digimon the cartoon show! I'm glad I only thought about that in my head at the time. : )

No comments: