Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pets and rescue

The boyfriend and I were talking about moving to New York again. Maybe I won't be going alone......??

I'm not sure what the time table is looking like anymore, and the longer I wait the longer this seems like its going to take. I'm still determined to make it happen...the best way to do it though is not clear.

One thing seems to be for certain, if we get an apartment together, we want pets. : )
Boyfriend wants a dog, I say as long as the thing is at least 2 feet tall, and weighs 35 lbs its fine. I don't want a swiffer mop yapping at me. Sorry, its not that small dogs are less lovable...but I want a big cuddle buddy. Something to knock me over with big smelly dog kisses. : )

I figure this is due to my summers with my cousins down in Maryland, they had a really awesome Great Dane named Duke. To and eight year old he was a freakin horse, running around their back yard/woods he would chase you down from out of nowhere and wrestle with you. He was at least 50 lbs of pure love, never biting, never overly aggressive. And he'd let the cat sleep on his back at night. : )

I have a cat named Poe (as in Edgar Allen, not the teletubby. That occurred to me later on : ( ] My sister and I adopted her and her sister from a litter almost 3 years ago. Poe, will be moving with me, but she needs company, she's not the most confidant of kitties. : / And since her little sister Aries will be staying with my younger sister, I'll need to adopt a friend for her. I'm considering the experimental, adopt another kitten, that way it won't threaten Poe too much, and hopefully build her confidence.

So I've spent a little time web researching, and found some neat animal rescue shelters in NY. Animal haven is my favorite so far as they don't believe in euthanizing un adopted animals.

No comments: