Friday, February 23, 2007

yuck

I felt like crap when I woke up at 4:30 this morning. I thought it was because I was hung over. I dozed a bit more, slamming my alarm clock when the snooze time had lapsed (fucker only gives me 3 minuets!!!!) and eventually roused myself to the shower. As time went on I felt better. Then I caught my bus up here, and walked......wow is it a far walk! The problem with staying at the hostel I'm at now is that its on the Upper West side of Manhattan. Chinatown, where I get off the bus is on the Lower East side, below Soho. Normally I wouldn't mind a bit of a stroll, except it was 33 degrees and windy. Burrrrrrrrrr

Finally found my train up to the hostel, checked in, and turned right around, caught the train back and went to work. Then I started to feel like crap again. Yuck. Made some tea a little bit ago. Tea's cool!

**Flashback**

When we were little my grandmother would take care of us when we were sick while my mom was at work. She'd make us a cup of tea, and pour a little Sambucca in it. Then she'd read to us until we fell asleep, which was never very long after. : )

** **

I've never been a voluntary fan of Sambucca, I don't dig the black licorice. But I think of it, and her, every time I drink tea.

No comments: