Sunday, July 22, 2007

3 Books in almost 2 months

Just finished my Tales of Discworld collection book. Basically 3 books shoved into 1 big hardback book. (I got it for 50 cents at a used book store!!!) Almost 2 months and 742 pages later....I LOVE Terry Pratchett more every time I read his work!

Not only is he a great fiction writer, (who's imaginary world is JUST as interesting as Tolkien's ever was)but he's British on top of it, so its hilarious all the same! Maybe its just me, and when an author breaks 3rd person narration to make offhand Pythonesq comments, it happens to be right up my alley. But there's also the complete irreverence for the traditional narrative voice as well. *GRIN*

Definite suggestion, if you're ever looking for some light hearted, easy reading introduce yourself to Discworld. (ESPECIALLY if you can find it for 50 cents!!!)

No comments: